Phoenix Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Good day. I was able to snag an ultra temp from one of my job sites a while back. It took quite a while but I finally got the wiring and plumbing in.

YAY! the heater works on manual mode. What I mean by manual mode is I can go to the control panel of the ultra temp and turn it on/off. The problem I have is I don't have the cable that was connected to the heater previously. Luckily there was a pigtail hanging from the Ultra Temp that was clipped off which was a 4 wire cable but only 2 low voltage wires were connected. How can I hook up that pigtail to my intellicenter (assuming I have the length)? I read some of the ultra temp manual and it refers to a RS 485 connector. This, I do not have--should I order one or would I be able to wire it differently and have the capability for the intellicenter to control the heater? What are my options?

Thank you in advance

The UltraTemp connects into the RS-485 connectors you have on your IntelliCenter board. The same connector your IntelliFlo pump is connected to.

Look at your IntelliCenter board and post pics of it for help.

Reactions: papadoppa
Note that there are three RS-485 COMM connectors on this board - at the bottom left, middle, and right.
screenshot-2022-12-07-130336-jpg.472061

Reactions: pjt
My pump is connected to the bottom one (where your arrow is pointed) may I use the same screws for that or should I choose a different port?
Two wires can be placed under one screw without problems.

Or you can use one of the other connectors.

I would use an open connector and not double up wires until you need to.

Two wires can be placed under one screw without problems.

Or you can use one of the other connectors.

I would use an open connector and not double up wires until you need to.
I will do that then. Thank you. I noticed there's relays and a little plug for an electric heater. Is that necessary or? I don't think the relay can handle 50 amps if I remember correctly.

I will do that then. Thank you. I noticed there's relays and a little plug for an electric heater. Is that necessary or? I don't think the relay can handle 50 amps if I remember correctly.
That is not for Heat Pump control.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.