ULTRATEMP Heat Pump Stopped working

CoolPool131

Jan 16, 2020
Melbourne, FL
Now an issue where unit didn't come on at all. Called Pentair, they sent out a warranty repair from service company close to us. Service Technician couldn't figure it out and ended up calling Pentair technicians. Heater was setup in RELAY mode to communicate with the Intellicenter from Day 1 and running that way for over a year. Pentair Technicians walked local rep to change the wiring at the Ultratemp and at the Intellicenter to hook it up in DIRECT mode. Now it's working again BUT on the App on the iPhone, we no longer get the flame showing the pool/spa is heating it just says UltraTemp Only. My concern is, why doesn't it work in RELAY mode anymore, did something go bad on the board or something? I sort of want to call Pentair back and find out why it only works with one setup method now and make sure nothing else is broke.

The UltraTemp® Heat Pump may be connected to an automation system via the remote spade terminals on the back of the control board (see page 12-13) or via the RS-485 communication connector on the back of the control board (see page 14-15) in https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...ump-installation-and-users-guide-en-fr-sp.pdf

Relay mode is using the standard “fireman’s switch” connection that all heaters have. it sounds like they switched your HP to using the RS-485 data communication.

The flame symbol showed because the IntelliCenter just knew it was a heater and did not know the type. Now the IntelliCenter knows it is “UltraTemp On”.

The heater relay may have failed on your IntelliCenter board.

I would not worry about it. Using the RS-485 comm is the more modern control.

>>>Relay mode is using the standard “fireman’s switch” connection that all heaters have. it sounds like they switched your HP to using the RS-485 data communication.
Correct, that is what they did. Did it while I wasn't there and won't be at the house for a couple of weeks. I've have to see if I can associate the heater type.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.