Ultrasonic Humidifier Maintenance.

Sep 14, 2016
Coplay, PA
Has anyone found a good solution to not having to clean your humidifier every 3-5 days? Been really cold and dry (from wood stove) and the humidity inside will get down to 25% or so if I don't keep my humidifiers running. I have a whole house humidifier in the basement next to the stove that I just put a capful of the bacteriostat in and it's good. But I need to sleep with a small ultrasonic blowing right on me at night. Problem is, after a few days I notice when I lift the tank off, the water looks kind of cloudy. And if I get lazy and don't clean it right away, I'll be coughing for two days. I have used the drop in things before and they help, but just wondering if there's anything else. Maybe a little extra chlorine in the tank??

I use distilled water in mine with no problems. Being from New England, I’m used to humidity, and now living in AZ, it’s dry here. I keep my house at a steady 40% humidity year round to avoid cracking and loosing limbs. 😁

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.