Ultra-Fine Filters

Underdogbobby

Feb 2, 2021
Hello - We just installed our pool at the end of last year. Looking forward to this year with the family.

The pool filtration system is supposed to get to a very low micro level. I can't recall what it gets down to but I did choose a cartridge filtration system for this reason. I just felt this system sounded like the best fit for us.

With that said my question, should I include and use the ultra-fine basket for the Dophin Vacuum unit? I'm probably missing it with being a rookie and all. I just assume that the pool filtration system will do the hard work and this little robot is for cleaning the surface and getting all these darn leaves that fall near my house.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Welcome to TFP.

Sand filters filter down to 30 microns.
Cartridge filters filter down to 10 microns
DE filters filter down to 3 microns.

Your filter captures particles suspended in the water. Your robot will clean up anything that falls out of suspension onto the pool surfaces.

You need to see which pool cleaner filter works best in your pools environment. If you still see stuff on the bottom of your pool then try the fine filter.

Reactions: Underdogbobby
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.