West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Soooooooo, I love my backyard and my current outdoor kitchen and living space....

Which means it time to think big and start designing the next phase.

So looking for ideas and such. I want to build a big outdoor pavilion either attached to the house or a separate structure. I love the look of those southwestern style outdoor covered living areas, but I need to build it to south Florida standards. We get 70” of rain a year, without a hurricane. Sometimes it feels like it raining all the time. I have a fair amount of room, at least 25’ by 30’. I might be able to go bigger. Of course I want everything. Fireplace, griddle, bbq, BGE, side burner, pizza oven. Fridge, big sink, dining table, couch, big TV. I guess I am going to have to put sliders in so the whole area can be enclosed. I am even not opposed to air conditioning.

So how do I build the ultimate indoor/outdoor space.

I have time since we just put a bunch into the house, so its probably a year or two before we actually build it out. But time moves fast so looking for very cool ideas.

FUNT TIMES!!! Let the planning begin!!

SO have you seen the "folding" doors? They are glass and fold back to open the whole wall of glass up!

So you have pics yet of something that caught your interest already?

Share the area you are thinking of using and we can go from there!

Kim:kim:

I have seen the folding doors, and I think those would work well for this project.

Here is a survey diagram and where I am thinking it should go. The blue box by the spa is the current firepit that I have installed. The yellow lines are where the deck has already been extended. The other blue box is where the current outdoor kitchen is. There is an air conditioner by the pool equipment that cools off the small side of the house. I was wondering if one air conditioner can run two air handlers (does not have to be at the same time). I can also upgrade that unit if necessary and would consider also hooking up that stuff I hear about to heat the pool as well.

1603110351783.png

No not going to move the pool equipment. I would think I would hit or shield it in some way.

I am thinking something like this where the red is cinderblock and the green would be the folding windows.

Attachments

• B6BABC0D-6BAE-4F13-821C-B1072BC67EAB.png
    B6BABC0D-6BAE-4F13-821C-B1072BC67EAB.png
    571.1 KB · Views: 28
Our pool house is off to the side like u have planned. 3 sides closed in. So far the 3 sides do such a good job keeping the elements out. I’m in a different climate than u. We ended up with 1000 square feet of space which had been perfect for us. I looked into the sliding doors like they use out west a lot. People don’t do them around here so the numbers I got just on material was bizzaire. Plus my opening were large. 12 feet. 15 plus feet. The other was small at 8 feet. There r a ton of pics in my build thread of u look.

it’s kinda long and winded but it’s detailed. Very detailed.

I'm still in the process of building my outdoor pavilion/pool house. You can see the beginning stages of it in my build thread. We haven't finished yet but hopefully will be done by the end of the year. Its 50x28, 30x28 is the outdoor living area with fire place, tv, ect... and the other 20x28 is outdoor kitchen/bathroom/storage room. I haven't uploaded any new pics in a while because not much has changed. Our outdoor kitchen is using cabinets from Wereever outdoor cabinets which is based in Florida.

This website had some great builds and is what we used to get an idea of what we wanted then made it out own.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd think something like this would hold everything you want. It does have some nice design elements you can borrow if it won't fit wholesale. I do agree on your big TV setup. For me, being down south would be ideal for fall Sat/Sun football.

Pavillion2.JPG

Pavillion.JPG

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.