Ugh.. Feeling impatient..

Jun 21, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Ok, been slamming hard since last Tuesday. Just short of a week. And not seeing the sunshine at the end of this long tunnel.

Yesterday my clorine level has been staying constant at 24. Today I just added 50oz of bleach, level was at a 21. I will test further this afternoon noon. Been brushing 3 times daily. And all the leaves are out. Not catching anything in skimmer basket either. Having to backwash a couple times daily cause pump becomes sluggish.
8d7e280b86cfbb40af44a5e2671841bc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nothing to do but continue the course. Backwash when your psi exceeds a 25% increase........you may backwash a bit more often but you'll keep your filter working better.

That smallish filter and pump doesn't have the capacity to clean up your pool quickly. Don't loose hope. You are doing everything right and must continue. Keep that FC up!!!

Are you running the pump 24/7

Duraleigh is right, the problem is that the ratings are assuming keeping a clear pool clear. Once your pool is cleared up then the filter should not have a problem keeping it that way, heck you won't even have to run it more than a few hours a day most likely. But for getting things cleared up an Intex sand filter is going to struggle, as hinted at by your frequent need to backwash. I can tell by the color that there is a lot of dead algae in there, it is just taking time for the filter to get it out. Make sure you keep the FC up and do what you are doing and it will clear up.

If you want to see the progress take daily pictures. It is hard to see the difference day to day, but looking at the pictures side by side should make the progress more clear (pun intended).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.