Galt56

May 30, 2015
Medford, Oregon
Easy Touch 4P (520591)

Does anyone know how or if it is possible to connect a Pentair 3HP Intelliflo VSF pump and a 1.5HP Superflo VS to the Easy Touch control unit? Right now I have the 3HP VSF connected with the included 2 conductor com cable to the com terminal in the Easy Touch. That makes perfect sense. I know this unit is supposed to be able to control two variable speed pumps, but I am not sure how I would hook up the 1.5HP VS with the Digital Input Cable (353129Z). This com cable is a different beast and has 6 conductors.
Is there a further expansion module that is needed, or do the pumps need to be the same? What are the requirements or limitation to be able to run two pumps independently from this control unit?

While you would expect both the IntelliFlo and the SuperFlo VS would have a serial control port... you would be so wrong.. You cannot control the SuperFlo with a serial cable...

Surprise!!! :mad:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for the reply. So as I understand it, the pump is wired directly to the breaker and the control cable is then wired to the relays. You would jumper the 5v wire to each relay and then connect one of the other colored wires to load which would be associated with a single speed. One relay, one speed. Not ideal, but at lease one the pumps works the way it should.

Yep.. Say you used Aux 2 and Aux 3 relays... Turing on Aux 2 would give you one speed and turning on Aux 3 would give you another speed.

Seems to me that you could also just add a 2-speed relay and then use the two speed function to make the pump go to high or low speed. And you would be able to set the speeds you wanted as high and low. This would also mean that you would not have to use any of your Aux relays..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.