TV lift near pool

naperthrill

Apr 29, 2020
Frisco, TX
I would really like to incorporate this into my pool design, but wondering if anyone else has done this and accomplished this safely (I know it can be safe when the TV lift is closed, but is it safe when the lift is open and people are in the pool swimming/etc. If anyone has done this, have you had any issues?

My wallet winced just watching that. I have a TV hung outside with an amazon swivel mount. I keep a cover on it (also from amazon) when not in use and take it down when pool season is over. I used an older TV I had less than 100 bucks invested between electrical work and the mount.

I bought a indoor 55” TV from Walmart for $250 and mounted it under the pool room cover. So far it’s lasted 2 years and gets a great picture.
I have seen people install a projector and a pull down screen also.

Last edited:
Yes, it can be as safe as any other product with the proper safety precautions. I hope your check book has a good number of zero's in it!!

John
Definitely have the budget if
Do they sell waterproof TVs?
they do but they are super expensive - like 4-5k or higher a pop. I know this would be more expensive up front, but then I could buy like a 500 dollar vizio and put it in there and less of a replacement cost in the future. There isn't really an ideal place to put the TV in my backyard currently. picture of one proposed plan below (still in design phase). here is one proposal from a designer, but I don't like these as the TV are exposed to the elements

1589379272422.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.