Tutorial on cleaning Hayward cartridge filter

mummer43

Jul 31, 2016
Lehigh Valley, PA
I have a brand new pool and I feel like the filters are past due to be cleaned. The pool plaster was done nearly two weeks ago and I am sure the filters are pretty gunked up. Does anyone have a good resource that explains how to take the filters out and, clean them, and then put everything back together?

Have you seen our page below?

You should be able to isolate the filter by closing these 2 valves. The handle should point away from the pump and the chlorinator to close. I don't know how to move them manually when they are connected to the actuators.

1-DB6-DB79-8901-4996-AD71-585-E95665-E8-F~2_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rather then mess with the suction actuator close the valves on the output side of the filter and to the left of the suction actuator.

The blue circled valve turn the handle to point to the filter.

The yellow circled valve turn the handle 180 degrees.

If there are stops that prevent it loosen the nut holding the handle down and lift the handle over the stop.

cart clean.jpg

Isn't water going to come in through the pipe to the right of the pump suction actuator?

The actuator has that pipe to the right closed already.

That is the spa suction which is OFF in pool mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.