DuckPond

Jul 1, 2022
Richmond, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It’s rained so much the pool is overflowing. There is a snapping turtle in the water next to the pool. Wiley wants to play with 🐢. He keeps laying in the mud. There’s tadpoles everywhere! Wiley needs a bath. Now I need a bath. I was hoping to get in and clean the pool today. I guess I have other plans now
Extra dirty swimming pool that no one has been in this year because it needs to be cleaned and a ducking million tad poles
Please don’t judge my pool. No one has been in it this year and cleaning is next priority

Dog laying on the wet ground next to a puddle that is next to a pool in the puddle is a piece of paper sized snapping turtle
Adorable dog again but this time he has a towel wrapped around him and he looks miserable because he is clean

Other might strongly disagree, so I apologize for saying this but if it were me, I would chlorinate that pool ASAP to kill the tadpoles. I love frogs, but having an infestation of frogs around your pool is awful because they are so loud at night. (I was overrun by frogs once and had thousands of tadpoles in my unopened pool one year, what a nightmare).

Being totally honest, I have no clue what to do with the tadpoles. I’d be happy to rescue them and give them a kiddie pool. I’m honestly confused that they’re still alive.

I hear ya. The closer they get to froggies, the harder it is to make that decision. I went through a 6 week period last year June-July where every single night I spent 30-60 minutes catching frogs around my pool, and taking those 3-10 frogs (every night), and putting them in a 5 gallon bucket and relocating them several miles down the road. I literally had 80-100 frogs ribbit'ing loudly every night and it was just awful. Of the 80-100 frogs I relocated, I killed only 1... (and this was even with me killing the early-stage (no gills) tadpoles.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.