Turning disused Polaris return line into main return line

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
Hi everyone. I've got a leaking in ground concrete pool which is coming from the return to pool lines which are underground. I’m not in a position at the moment to have the ground dug up and pipes replaced.

I’ve got a Polaris line which is no longer used. i’m Planning on using this as the return line until I can get the main return line replaced. The issue I'm having is I cannot get a pressure increaser plate from out of the wall pipe. This plate looks like a donut and sits about 1cm inside the wall pipe. It’s at the end of the internal thread of the pipe. Can anyone suggest how I get this off? It looks as though this was used to stop the universal Polaris wall attachment thread from going in to far.

Please see picture.

Attachments

• PC040781.jpg
    PC040781.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 39
  • PC040774.jpg
    PC040774.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 39
I believe that flange with the flow restrictor inside unscrews from the return pipe in the wall. Put some pliers on the outside and it should unscrew.

Hi thanks for the reply. So the whole thing should unscrew? including the grey outer from the pipe is that right or just the donut looking thing inside? I've already had a good try at trying to unscrewing the donut inside but it does not budge. The arrow points to the outside of the grey pipe.

Attachments

• Better Photo.jpg
    Better Photo.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 29
It might be glued into the pipe going through the wall.

It might come out, but it might damage the pipe if you use too much force.

I would probably leave it if it doesn't come out easily.

You might be able to drill it out, but it might damage the pipe if the drill isn't exactly lined up.

If you don't need a lot of flow, the restriction probably won't make much difference.

With the better pic I see that is not going to unscrew.

I would try using a hand reamer or maybe a dremel tool, if you can do it safely around the pool, to open up the restrictor hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.