Turkey fryer grease ALL OVER Loop Loc cover

PureLuck

Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Figuring that maybe one of you super smart folks here might have some input.. our looploc cover apparently sat in a puddle of used turkey fryer grease my husband stored in the pool shed.
When I took the cover out yesterday my daughter and I realized it is very greasy/sticky. I have already tried power washing it and no change. Any thoughts??

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011

Maybe one of the above.

PureLuck

Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Maybe boil a big pot of water to help melt the grease away.
Ooh, this may be my final touch! So far after a while bottle of Dawn and lots of scrubbing, no change in the grease.

Did I mention the grease is over 90% of the cover?? Oye

I bought krud cutter degreaser yesterday and will put that on today, fingers crossed it starts to release the grease! This is the last thing I needed this week, as I'm also mid kitchen table stripping/staining and fall house cleaning.

Reactions: borjis

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Fletcher, OK
This stuff will take grease off anything, it is some crazzy stuff... wear gloves as your hands will pay a price if you do not... I use it on my grill and it will take of fried on 500 degree grease like its nothing....

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Fletcher, OK
^^^^ that is true, I was just thinking about the grease and not the cover itself getting hurt. someone else? I think I am out of ideas...