Tulsa Pool Build, new IG

20150911_153259.jpg. They delivered a ton of rock last week, actually several tons, I don't know how much that large grotto roof rock weighs, but I am surprised that they could move it with the bobcat they have two on site so they may have tagged teamed it. Wish I was there to see it. Wife sent me the picture,still at work paying for the pool hopefully have more pictures tonight.

Not too much, spent the budget on size, having 3 multicolor LED, two in the pool and one in the grotto, one fire pot on the edge of the spa. We are going to have steps down to the pool due to the elevation, thinking about putting LED on the edge of the steps.

Love the light post, probably will use lava rocks, thought he glass is very nice as well. Also thinking about using maybe fake fire place logs as well. Probably going to have to see what everything else looks like when it gets closer and then decide.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The slide cometh today. 20150915_150121.jpg. 12 foot high 21ft long BYOS. I wanted gunite, but the builder was against it, and I agree though I think they look allot better but they have allot of negatives. My friend has a tile one and is gorgeous but is horrible. We are putting rock all around it and up past the edge plus the waterfall will hide most of it.

They also dug a lot of 2.5 feet holes around the perimeter of the pool and filled them with concrete, I assume for support for the concrete that is going to surround it. They are not taking any shortcuts that I see. Very impressed with their work.

They haven't used anything yet, though I haven't asked if they would or not, I assumed they would but maybe not. They have made a rock perimeter, I assumed they would gunite the inner part, but they filled it with a lot, and I mean a lot, of smaller road rock, i.e. 3/4 crusher rock, but it is cleaner than typical crusher rock.

Do you think they "fixate" the rock some how, or just rely on the weight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.