Jul 22, 2010
Calvert County, Maryland
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Anyone used TSPoolsupply.com before? I know there are alot of "middleman storefronts" out there that are more of a front than a storefront. However looking over this site is appears to be a legit e-commerce arm of Shasta Pools out of Arizona. I'm looking for a 342001 or a 343001 and they are the cheapest I can find online (Sta rite by Pentair SuperMax 2.2THP VS Variable Speed Pump 343001)
Contact Phone number and address both match back to Shasta - Career Page links over to Shasta website and the AZ Record of Contract (ROC) numbers match up as well.

Just want to be doubly sure before I get duped and have to fight with a CC company.

TIA!
Nik

Domain Name: tspoolsupply.com

Registrar URL: https://www.godaddy.com

Creation Date: 2022-02-17.

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-02-17.

Shasta Pools

Nature of Business: Construction of Swimming Pools

Date of First Use: April 19, 2018

Date Registered: April 30, 2018

Expiration Date: April 30, 2023

Applicants: Shasta Industries, Inc. Arizona Corporation

60 total complaints in the last 3 years.

38 complaints closed in the last 12 months.

I'm looking for a 342001 or a 343001
The 342001 is obsolete.

The 342002 is the new model.

TSPOOLSUPPLY.COM looks like a Trade name.

When using a trade name (aka Fictitious Name, Assumed Name or DBA “Doing Business As” Name) it is usually required that the trade name be registered or the parent company should be identified.

The website does not identify the parent company anywhere and it does not look like the assumed name is registered.

In my opinion, this is sketchy.

Shasta Industries has been in business since about 1962.

Entity Name: SHASTA INDUSTRIES, INC.

Entity ID: 00601667

Entity Type: Domestic For-Profit (Business) Corporation

Entity Status: Active

Formation Date: 4/26/1962

https://ecorp.azcc.gov/BusinessSearch/BusinessInfo?entityNumber=00601667

https://apps.azsos.gov/apps/tntp/se.html

Filing a trade name registers a business name for public record. A trade name is similar to a "doing business as" ("DBA") name, and is not legally required but is an acceptable business practice. A trade name does not grant exclusive rights to a business name, nor is a trade name similar to a corporation or limited liability company ("LLC"). If you want to file a corporation or LLC, you need to file with the Arizona Corporation Commission.

https://azsos.gov/business/trade-names-trademarks

1670082992820.png

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The company has been in business for about 60 years.

However, what can often happen is that the original owners who were really good have died or retired and the new owners might not be anywhere close to the ability or standards of the original owners.

So, while longevity can be a good indicator, it does not always indicate that the current people, owners or managers are competent or that they care as much as the original people.

I view it as typical small business sloppy.
They have been in business for 60 years and they have 10 registered trade names, so, it’s not like they don’t know what they’re doing.

To me, it looks like a deliberate attempt to obscure the true ownership and responsibility.

For legal contracts, the full legal identification has to be included.

Most states have statutory provisions governing the use of assumed names. In general, these statutes require business entities, individuals, and partnerships doing business under an assumed name to make a public filing. The document that is filed typically sets forth the assumed name, the true name, the state of formation, and the principal place of business.

An assumed name statute’s main function is to protect members of the public who deal with businesses that use names other than their true names. The public needs access to the true names of businesses for various purposes including checking credit ratings, searching for legal judgments, searching for security interests, bringing suit, and serving process.

A fictitious business name, also known as “doing business as," DBA or trade name, is a name that a company may use to operate its business. When a company operates under a name that is different than the legal names of its business owners, the name must be registered with the secretary of state in the jurisdiction where the primary business is located. A fictitious business name may be used in the signature portion along with the legal names of individuals or corporations authorized to sign a contract.

For example, the "Terms and Conditions" page is essentially a legal agreement, which requires the identification of the true legal name of the parent company.

Using the DBA name is not legally sufficient for a contract, legal agreement or official paperwork.

https://tspoolsupply.com/about/terms-and-conditions

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.