Trying to swim in the hills of WV

tsdupree32

Jul 9, 2021
West Virginia
Hello my name is Tony,

I’m putting up my first pool, it is an Intex 18’x9’x52” the Manuel says to put a 15 x 15 x 1.2 wood paver under each leg, I have not found and that size, I can’t find anything larger than 2x12x16’s. I tried putting the 16x16x1.5 concrete pavers from Lowe’s under the legs, however they just broke, so I moved the location, rented a backhoe with a front loader. I was able to get a spot level. Tamped the ground and Put the pool up again and got the same results, pacers broke. I’m at a loss on how to get the ground hard enough to keep the pavers from breaking.

Im wondering if I was to pour a 2’ x 2’ concrete pad to set the legs on and a 16”x 12” on top of the cement pad if that’s enough strength to keep from receiving the same results. It seems a little over kill, but I’m out of ideals. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.