Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
So, lots of rain intermixed with lots of kiddie time meant that this morning the pool just didn't have that sparkle, and testing showed that FC had dropped to 5. Not wanting to freak out the swimmer's momma by adding LC, I bumped up the SWCG percentage. Once it was naptime, I added about a third of a gallon of FC. It's pouring now, so tomorrow will include testing, draining, mini-slam, muriatic acid pick up at Home Depot, and crossing fingers that the "keep a buffer" approach will have saved me once again.

All the best to my north gulf coast brethren as the storms approach!

Drained off a couple of inches, boosted chlorine, cleaned filter (it was due.) Woke up to crystal clear pool this morning (you can see the angle of the phillips head screws on the drains.) I'll let the SWCG do it's thing today and do an OCLT tonight just to make sure we're all good.

IMG_20200826_074705.jpg

Reactions: Newdude
Woohoo...that is exactly how it should work. You are testing often and in tune with your pool enough to know that something seems off. Your minimum FC for your CYA is 4, and I am so happy to see you treating it like a true minimum and getting nervous when your FC gets remotely close to the minimum. So many people stay too close to the minimum and do not have enough buffer to handle heavy bather loads, weather and just other life events that can get in the way of taking care of your pool. Nice work!

Reactions: Newdude
and I am so happy to see you treating it like a true minimum and getting nervous when your FC gets remotely close to the minimum. So many people stay too close to the minimum and do not have enough buffer to handle heavy bather loads, weather and just other life events that can get in the way of taking care of your pool. Nice work!
It. Is. a. cliff. That you do NOT want to look over. Let the fools hang over it and take Insta Selfies. Stand plenty on the safe side and be ready to call 911 on their behalf. Great job PNG !!

It. Is. a. cliff. That you do NOT want to look over. Let the fools hang over it and take Insta Selfies. Stand plenty on the safe side and be ready to call 911 on their behalf. Great job PNG !!
Passed OCLT. Now just need to let FC drift down to our preferred level (9ish)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.