Trying to select a robotic cleaner. (Polaris vs Dolphin)

Jul 26, 2017
Sac/CA
Hello. I am trying to decide between Polaris P825 and Dolphin S300i. Obviously the Dolphin is more expensive and has more brushes installed but is it worth it? At local store the Polaris is about $1,000 and Dolphin is about $1,400. They both come with 2 year warranty.

The P825 seems a bit smaller and like it might possibly get corners better but not a fact, the store associate said the S300i would get better paths and clean better without missing spots then most cleaners, but not sure if P825 is also that smart, but I assume it should be. I am guessing their scrubbing and cleaning is about the same, but the main thing I liked about the S300i is that it has actual filter plates, so it would help my main filter clean the pool from small stuff and not just big leaves.

I have a large tree right by the pool so lot's of leaves fall.

Anyway trying to decide on those two. I am guessing their are both good. But not sure if I should spend the extra $400 or not.

Would be nice to hear if anyone had experience with one or both of these models. Thanks.

For what it's worth, that price is pretty high for an S300i. I'm all for supporting local business (I work at a small pool store myself), but I sell the S300i for $1199. And you can get it from Marina Pool and Spa over the phone for under $1k I think.

Just purchased the 30i (same as 300i except for color) from Marina yesterday over the phone. $899 shipped.

Looks like Zodiac makes the Polaris 825 for Leslie's? And 825 is just for Leslie's. There is Polaris 8050 model available, but only at pool stores, not online.

Thanks for the replies guys. But seems like I got different thoughts but not about actually comparing the two :).

- - - Updated - - -

For what it's worth, that price is pretty high for an S300i. I'm all for supporting local business (I work at a small pool store myself), but I sell the S300i for $1199. And you can get it from Marina Pool and Spa over the phone for under $1k I think.
Wow! Thanks man, for the information! I did call them and yes it is about $900 and they even said no tax. So it's basically $500 less then the other ridiculous store is trying to sell it for. :) I'm amazed. I think I should probably go with S300i if it is this price. What do you think?

Update - I'm tempted to choose the S300i especially for that price. The Marina Pool and Spa is legit good company I assume? The guy on the phone sounded fairly knowledgeable and adequate. They only have the Maytronic cleaners though he said they don't work with Polaris lately.

I don't have a ton of experience with newer Polaris robotic cleaners. We sold the original ones from like 5-7 years ago like the 9300 and they all died in 3-4 years. Jumped ship and never looked back. Maytronics has been around since the early 80s they know what they're doing with robotics.

I don't have a ton of experience with newer Polaris robotic cleaners. We sold the original ones from like 5-7 years ago like the 9300 and they all died in 3-4 years. Jumped ship and never looked back. Maytronics has been around since the early 80s they know what they're doing with robotics.
Thanks again for the tip on the company they do seem to have best prices out of the places I've asked. However they said they don't have the S300i and they said they won't have it until late August. However they said they have the 30i which they claim exactly is the same besides color and rebrand. Do you know if they are same or not? They seem very close and same or similar features. But if not mistaking besides color some of the plastic is slightly differently installed.

Ya Marina is legit!

Just got a fine filter for my Dolphin E10

Thanks for feedback. Yes seems like they are, although probably a small company, only 2 people answered out of all calls I've made. Because I was about to order then they said they didn't have the 300 then I called back again. Also 70% of the time you call it goes to their automatic message but I guess not a big problem if price is so good. Only thing a bit worried about the warranty that they are not local and would need to ship it I guess. So hopefully it wont break. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the A30i and S300i are identical units other than the body panels. Same cable, motor, power supply, app, drivetrain. The S series is made as a private label chassis for PoolCorp.
I see. Yes I've been looking at manufacturer website and they seem to have all the same specs just listed in different order, and even have same pics describing the technology lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First of all 1advancing you must know what the 400$ difference means TO YOU not for anyone. There might be some features you have to double check and analyze if it applies to your swimming pool or not. To do so, I'd recommend this article, which by the way made me purchase one of my biggest comforting device. Take a good look and depending on your situation choose the best robotic pool cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.