Trying to Rescue Neglected Pool

15621957564_7dd85f7620_z.jpg

The step end. There are steps on both sides of the pool here at varying depths.

Unfortunately I ran out of holiday and had to go back to work so I haven't been able to keep up as I should. However, when I am at home I've been following the instructions to the letter and although I probably haven't made as much progress as I would have had I been at home, I can see a marked improvement. With the weekend here now I will be focusing all my attention on the pool.

So it's heads down, bottom up this weekend. Cloudy blue now as opposed to cloudy green. I have a couple of days off I can keep the filter running 24/7 and be able to keep an eye on it.

Currently:
CYA 20(?) a bit of a guess here, the tube is full and I can still just make out the dot.
Ph 7.6
FC 3.5

Your CYA is less than 20 if you can still see the dot and the tube is full, so your shock level is 10. I'd take it to 12. You should also drop your PH a bit too. Low 7's.
How much sun does your pool receive a day ? The reason I ask is if you bump your CYA up to 30 that will help with the sun burning off FC during the day time. If you do raise it up don't go any higher than 30.

On work days try for at least 4 readings. First thing in the morning, when you get home, after dinner, before you go to bed.

You are right it will be a little slower than when you are home but.........it will work!

Good job so far!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you for the feedback. I'm upping the CYA to 30 as the pool does get a lot of sun during the day. I'll give it some time and retest the pH in case the CYA has pushed it up any and continue with the SLAMing. Photos when I've worked out how to decrease their size. I've exceeded my allowance with one pic.

The CYA is acidic so it will lower your PH a little.
If you take a look at the bottom of the page of Pool Math, Effects Of Adding Chem's, will tell you adding X amount of stabilizer will lower PH X amount.

We had a lot of rain today but I tried to keep on top of the program the best I could. On the plus side, without the blaring sun, the FC level has remained constant all day.

The photo is actually from yesterday. It looks much the same today, maybe a tad clearer, but the water level has increased because of the rain.

16218482776_cf6d08a4b8_z.jpg

This is the best to time to take the "at the same place" pictures so you can see the progress day by day. If you can not see your steps yet you can always put your brush in and see how far you have to hold it down each day before you cannot see it.

Kim

Here is a progress shot. We had a lot of rain over the last few days so there's an extra inch or two BUT you can just make out the top step on the far side. Just as well as we are having a stinker of a summer right now and I am under a lot of pressure from the family who are complaining that they can't use it yet. We had wanted it done by Christmas.

16272660686_5afa4afdc7_z.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.