Mrs.Pichotta

May 23, 2022
south texas
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
so I'm new to TFP, when we got our pool 3 years ago our pb gave us test strips and said these will work just fine. All my research has pointed me in the direction to get a taylor test kit so I just ordered one! Until they come in I need a little guidance. I have noticed that my pool is a little cloudy and I have ZERO free chlorine. I added 4 gallons of bleach and still nothing. I understand now the strips are pretty much useless but from what they read everything seems to be within normal limits. Should I just keep adding more bleach until my test kit arrives?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: For now just add one gallon of liquid chlorine or regular bleach per day. Once the test kit arrives we'll help you get things under control. No worries. Refer to the links below for some great info. Nice to have you with us.

SLAM Process
FC/CYA Levels

I ordered the K-2006
Watch out, the K-2006 has the tests you need, but is pretty limited on the number of FAS-DPD tests you can do, which is one of the more important ones in the kit. That's why we recommend the K-2006c, as it comes with larger bottles/reagents for that test. You can order more of the FAS-DPD kit reagents as refills separately, though.

Test Kits Compared

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.