Surfers08

Apr 15, 2022
Las Vegas
Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me out… I have gone through all the information in the pool school tabs and have done more research on the side. My pool is a fiberglass pool, approx. 23,000 gallons. I just moved into this home and trying to maintain the pool levels has been a bit of a struggled. I’m on a well and my water has a little bit of calcium in it to start however, I don’t believe that is my issue. I tested my water levels and now have a base to go off of…

CH: 750
TA: 200
CYA: 90
PH: 7.5
FC: 1
Chlorine: .5
CC: 1

I realize my levels are not good and I know I need to address it before it gets worse. My question is what do I start with? My thoughts would be to add acid to lower my TA levels but I’m not sure how to determine how much and if that’s what I should start with. Any advise would help a lot. Thank you for your help! Also, I live in Las Vegas and my pool is outdoors. It’s already about 90 degrees here…

Last edited:
First thing that pops out is your high level of CYA. You mention tablets, so I assume you use trichlor tablets? Trichlor will increase CYA to unmanageable levels.

Assuming you don't have a salt water chlorine generator (SWG), you should use liquid chlorine. You'll want to lower your CYA to the 40-50 range, then maintain FC level based on the FC/CYA Levels.

I don’t believe that is my issue.
What issues are you having? If you suspect algae but you're unsure, perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If you have visible signs of algae or fail the OCLT, you'll need to follow the SLAM Process after exchanging water to get CYA in range.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.