Trying to get balanced

20 296XXXX is production on the 296th day of 2020. Oct 22nd last year. It’s lost some strength and will probably be around 6%. It will still work just fine, but you’ll need more of it to do the same thing.

See in the lower left had corner under active ingredients? it shows "Sodium Hypochlorite....10%" .. hence 10%. Yes its probably degraded a bit since October. but not as much as if it was sitting out that amount of time in the summer. Also you can never tell if it was stored inside or outside, the heat from sun will break it down, but probably not UV since it was in a box. I have seen them move the stock from inside to outside, so you just don't know.

I would set your Pool Math to 10%,, add that amount and test to see what level FC you got to. Then add a bit more until you get to your target. With a dash of math, knowing how much you put in and assuming a 10% concentration you can back calculate what the concentration really is. For example if pool math says add 1 cup to hit your target and you only get half way there, then the Chlorine was likely half strength. But don't over think it. Your focus should be getting to your target FC.. if you over shoot it.. that is fine. The upper bound is SLAM levels and you are surely not going to dump in that much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikilyn
I finally got chlorine right. I did the CC test and I don't have any. It says to log that but I couldn't find where to do that. And is that bad that I don't have any? I need to read again but my brain can only handle so much at once. I'm still trying to get pH right. The start up guy said we wouldn't need any, which I knew was wrong, so I keep adding it but I'm sure it wasn't enough since all I knew was that it was above 8.2 so I keep adding small amounts.

0 CC is good. CC over 1 is indication you may have an algae problem.

NEW LOG then LOG TEST RESULTS to log CC

Reactions: Nikilyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.