Trying to close my pool but there's algae

cmuscarelle

May 23, 2019
Easton, CT
Hello. I've been trying to close my pool for over a week, but keep encountering algae. I SLAMmed the pool this past weekend and it passed the overnight test. I waited a couple of days (with the filter running 24/7) to let the chlorine level drop a bit. When I went to begin closing the pool this morning, I found green streaks on the bottom of the pool again.
My levels are FC 12.5, PH 8.2, TA 80, CYA 50.
I'm wondering whether to just close the pool and deal with it in the spring or try to get it straightened out now. I see my PH is high so if I tackle it now, I'm assuming I should lower that to 7.5 or so and then proceed with another SLAM process. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have a 25k gallon non-SWCG vinyl pool with a Hayward pro series sand filter.

Thank you for your guidance. I decided to SLAM again. I'm not quite sure what went wrong last week. I had kept

Thank you for your help. I decided to SLAM again before closing. Once it passes the 3 tests, I'll let the FC level drift to 1/2 SLAM FC level and then add the polyquat 60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.