Trying to balance pool it’s not working

My apologies I didn’t realize I was supposed to add bleach every day, before this I was putting in a jug from the pool store every week.

I remember reading to keep enough on hand to cover 28ppm a week or 3 gallons of liquid chlorine on hand for the week. Should I use the pool store chlorine or keep buying bleach what’s cheapest

Just did a test with the other one to see if there was any chlorine at all and it said I had at least 1 but after putting in the agent for FC the color never changed to pink so I assumed I had none so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong
Your chlorine will drop 1-4ppm per day no matter what. That is if everything is perfect AND you have the right amount of cyanuric acid in the water. You cannot add bleach and then wait 2 days without adding anything. You have to add every day.

Cheapest is relative. Depends on where you are located. You will have to call around and compare prices. I have found in my area that Home Depot sells 3 gallons of 10% in a box for $9.99 and they drop the price to 8.99 if you buy 4 or more boxes. Wal-Mart also sells liquid chlorine 10% for about $3.64 a gallon. Wal-Mart also sells 6% "Cleaning Bleach" for about 2.60 a gallon. You will have to look around in your area and see what's available and at what prices. Most people have access to basic 6% bleach (not splashless, not Clorox, no scents, no additives). That should be a good starting place for a quick and easy supply of chlorine since you can find it in most grocery stores. It's not usually the "cheapest", though. For that, you will need to call around. If you have a Pinch a Penny in your area they are also known to sell 2.5 gallon jugs of 10.5%.

My TA is 80 I read it should be between 80 and 120 should my target be 120 or less I I’m ordering the baking soda now guess I’ll just keep adding MA until my baking soda arrives, I put a cup of MA in last night and my ph is still over 8.0 so I guess my TA is the problem

So if my TA is good why is my PH always so high I just put in another 3 cups of acid last night and this morning another 2 cups, is this the normal every day process I didn’t realize I’d need to be stocked up on acid too how much acid do I need to have on hand for the week if this is the case

ph rise is normally from aeration. Do you have any spillovers, sheer descents, fountains, waterfalls, etc?

What is the TA and pH of your fill water? Do you use much make up water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.