Cleveland, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
My recent pool install is a 16k gallon fiberglass with pentair equipment (inelliconnect and swg) and raypak heater.

The installer did not connect the heater to allow operation through the app. My understanding is that you can connect a temp sensor inline, set the heater at the top end, and then have a fireman's switch so the heater gets turned on or off based on the temp you enter in app via the temp sensor.

I asked about why they didn't install that connection and received this response - "That is purposeful, for two reasons. The app cannot control the temperature, and the heater has an internal thermostat that functions better than installing a separate temperature sensor that gets drilled into the pipe.

We historically got much better feedback about the temperature sensors that the heater has already installed in them so we just use those as they provide a better, and more consistent result."

True? BS? Somewhere inbetween?

Thanks for your perspective and experience.

Dan,

Total Bull Feathers.. :mrgreen:

You should have it set up exactly like you outlined.

There is no significant difference between the temp sensor in the heater and the one for the IntelliConnect.

Are you already using both relays in the IntelliConnect??? Never mind, I see the IntelliConnect has a specific connection for the heater's fireman's switch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Or...

They have no idea how to do it and don't know how to read the manual.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks everyone. It is as I suspected. And par for this company's course. The fact they mention 'the app cannot control the temperature' makes me think they don't know what they are doing.

Why does everything have to be so hard with these companies/people!!??

I will do it myself. I know it's not difficult.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.