Troubleshoot Spa Bubbler Problem

Chuck Cobb

Nov 30, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I am having a problem with my spa bubbler. There is an air-operated plunger switch near the spa that cycles the bubbler through its operation. There is an air line that runs from the plunger switch to the pool timer control. The plunger switch has stopped functioning - I can press it multiple times and nothing happens. The bubbler is stuck on and won’t turn off. I had to force it to turn off by turning off the breaker. What’s the best way to troubleshoot this problem?

Welcome to TFP.

Open up the timer box where the air line connects to the electrical switch. Test the switch and see if you can turn it on and off manually. Test the electrical switch with a multimeter and see if it failed.

Post pics of what you got it you need help.

Most likely you have water in the air line or a bad plunger. Try disconnecting the plunger and blow in the air tube to see if the switch cycles. If it does, bad plunger. If it does not, then you might have water in the line. You would need to disconnect both ends of the line and blow some air through it. Be careful on the spa side when you disconnect the plunger as the line can be sucked back into the hole and then you have another issue to deal with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.