Troubleshoot aquacal SQ150VS heat pump low pressure fault?

EnoughToBeDangerous

Gold Supporter
Oct 4, 2018
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
I tried to fire up my aquacal SQ150VS heat pump for the first time this season today and after starting up for a couple minutes, it shut down and gave this error. Now when I cut the power and turn it back on it just displays the code without trying to start up. Is there anything I can try before I call for service? It is still under warranty, but if it's a glitch I can troubleshoot I'd like to try that first since I can't call for service until Monday anything.

Thanks!

ETBD

You can try the things listed here...

The two most common causes of low head pressure at an air conditioner or heat pump compressor motor are:
  • Refrigerant under-charge, due to a refrigerant leak or improper charge.
  • TXV (TEV) malfunction, over-metering refrigerant.

You get an LP or an LPS fault?

Aquacal heat pump error code LPS​

LPS​

What it means: heat pump is locked due to 5 consecutive low-pressure faults in once cycle

How to fix it:

• Power off the heat pump to clear the error code
  • See LP error code troubleshooting

I also had a low pressure fault with my SQ150VS. Technicians came out many times to attempt a repair with no luck. It was simply never going to be right, which is frustrating.

To AquaCal's credit, their customer support has been outstanding. They ended up replacing the entire heat pump with a brand new unit. The new one has been working great.

Thanks folks! So my heat pump was under warranty and I was able to get the technician to come out. But before that, the heat pump gradually started to work for longer and longer intervals before cutting out. I think the issue may have been that the pressure in the refrigerant circuit was lower due to low outdoor temperatures. I opened the pool early this year and the temps were in the high 40s. The technician stated that he adjusted the calibrations, updated the software, and did a few other things that would address this issue. I think that with the temp at night dipping into the 40s, I should still be able to heat the pool. My experience has been that the heatpump can really do it's job when the outdoor temp is about 55. But with the highs in the high 50s and the lows in the mid 40s, it is possible to bring the pool up to 80-83 or so in around 48 hours, and I actually do like to do this in april and may up here in long island. We'll see now that the weather is warmer I can't test if the issue is due to temps, but will try again in the fall, or if we get unseasonably cold weather in may. Thanks all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.