Trouble with Stains

jland47

Silver Supporter
Jul 26, 2017
Louisiana
I have a large area with discoloration and it is only on the shallow end 5ft and less. It doesn't come up with brushing so I tried putting a puck in, left it for 30 min and nothing, got in and scrapped it on the bottom and it didn't streak. Some kids were able to scrape their initials on the bottom so I tried the puck again left it over night. Next morning there was a circle, I know I left it to long but, does this mean its organic because I tried putting absorbic acid in a sock and scrubbing and it didn't seem to work. Would the puck do that if it was metals if left long enough?

Based on what you tried, I'm leaning more towards organic. Sounds like the staining is really embedded though. Is this an old pool/plaster? Are you able to share some water test results with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C? Maybe we'll see something to help.

A few days of readings but these stains have been here for a while. Old pool replastered 4 years ago. Tried rubbing the puck too, nothing. I had to add some calcium because levels were staying low.

I did have to slam at the beginning of the summer I think stains were already there

8/10
Fc3.6
Cc.4
Ph7.4
Ta 90-100
Ca200
Cya60
5gal
.5gal
8/13
Fc4.4
Cc.2
Ph7.4
Ta90
Cc270
Cya50
8/15
Fc4.8
Cc0
Ph7.5
Ta80
Cc270

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It changed the color but only after I left it over night. You can see the change in the second picture mid left bottom, It is a ring the middle of the ring looks like its still stained but there is a clear clean circle where the puck sat.

So I should wait until the winter when I do not need the FC? Do I really need all this extra stuff too?
Also Required: 1/2 gallon muriatic acid or 1 lb pH decreaser, per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
Also Required: 12 ounces of Jack's Magic Blue Stuff, per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
Suggested: Jack's Magic Stain ID Kit, to verify treatment with the Copper Stuff, or Stain Solution #2.
Suggested: Jack's Magic Filter Fiber Stuff, to improve filtration during the stain removal process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.