Trouble With PureLine Salt Level Reading

May 25, 2018
Bethany, CT
I added a PureLine PL7707 SWG (PureLine Pool Salt System 40,000 Gallons Heavy Duty - PL7707 - INYOPools.com) this spring. From the time I installed it, the reading on the display for current salt level has been low compared to the reading I get when testing with the Taylor K-1766 kit. The salt level is 3600 according to the Taylor kit and each reading is very consistent. The reading on the display is usually around 2600-2900. I think this is causing the control panel to shut down the cell due to low salt. The Check Salt and Check Cell lights illuminate and no chlorine is generated. If I power cycle the unit, it goes back to generating chlorine for a little while, but the process repeats within about a day.

I've removed the cell and cleaned it with a hose even though I saw no contamination at all and it has only been installed for 3 months. This didn't change the behavior. I also tried to recalibrate the salt level on the device, but the Hayward instructions, which some people have said work with the PureLine systems, didn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Have you called Inyo? Site says it has a 3 year warranty.

I just installed the same one last week and it kept reading wildly off readings for salt amount. I called support and they had me change the cell type to C-15 in the display. I think it originally said T-15. The way to do this was to press the button until the display reads the cell type. Then move the switch from "auto" to "super chlorinate" and then back to "auto". Keep doing it until it displays C-15 as the cell type. This cleared up my problems and the generator output seems much stronger to boot. I had to lower the percentage down.

Just to follow up in case others find this thread later:

Spoke to customer service at Inyo and they said that because I have a variable speed pump that runs at low RPM for part of the cycle, I needed to turn the cell so that the "hump" faces downward. This ensures that at low flow when the water might not fill the cell the salt sensor is still submerged. This seems to have fixed the SLo problem, but my control board may also be messed up because goes to 0.0 amps after a while. Customer service said they might need to ship me a replacement control board to fix that problem.

The cycle is 180 minutes. The percentage determines how much of the time it produces chlorine. At 50%, it will produce for 90 minutes and then be off for 90 minutes.

During the off part of the cycle, the instant salinity and amps will be 0.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.