Trouble with new SWG

Nov 28, 2018
Michigan
Hello everyone,

Brand new pool owner here and I have to admit, it is very overwhelming so far. Have run into several problems but long story short, we were finally able to get everything running today with my builder. Everything in regards to plumbing seems to be working fine. Started the pump up early afternoon, set the SWG, and away we went. Just checked on the SWG and I'm getting to steady lights on the Check Salt and Inspect Cell.

I ran a diagnostic and these are my numbers
96P
AL -0
R 1.59

I've read the manual and have tried some of the troubleshooting with no luck. Any thoughts on what I need to do?

Attachments

• 20190603_183843.jpg
    20190603_183843.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190603_183854.jpg
    20190603_183854.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
1900 is too low. I believe the Aquarite requires around 3000 ppm salt.

I'd suggest you get a Taylor K-1766 salt test - or at a minimum some salt test strips.

For now, turn the SWG off and wait until you can get an accurate reading of the salt.

If the SWG is accurate at the 1900 reading, it probably will not produce any chlorine. Look in the manual for the optimum salt requirements and also for the minimum. Get yourself a good salt test kit - it will save you hours of frustration and wondering.

For now, just use liquid chlorine and dose based on the FC/CYA Levels for your measured CYA.

Please add how many gallons your pool holds and what test kit you are using to your signature.

The cell is a T-9, but the box is set to T-15.

Go to T-15 and move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto until it reads T-9.

Then, move the switch to off for a minute and then back on. Go to instant salt and wait for the reading to stabilize then move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto.

I assumed
The cell is a T-9, but the box is set to T-15.

Go to T-15 and move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto until it reads T-9.

Then, move the switch to off for a minute and then back on. Go to instant salt and wait for the reading to stabilize then move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto.

I assumed when I ran the diagnostic, it showed me it was a 15. Didn't realize that is what it was set to. I will make the change.

You would have been better off with a T-15 cell with your single speed pump.

A variable speed pump would not be as much of an issue because it can be run continuously for very little cost.

In my opinion, builders should not be able to install a single speed pump on a new pool.

Even with a variable speed pump, a T-15 is a better choice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You would have been better off with a T-15 cell with your single speed pump.

A variable speed pump would not be as much of an issue because it can be run continuously for very little cost.

In my opinion, builders should not be able to install a single speed pump on a new pool.

Even with a variable speed pump, a T-15 is a better choice.

Thanks. I made the change but it looks like I will need to SLAM the pool to get started.

Move the switch to off for a minute and then back on. Go to instant salt and wait for the reading to stabilize then move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto. That will update the average salinity to match the new instant salinity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.