Trouble post heavy storms

eyelovemypool

Aug 30, 2020
Chicago suburbs
So, my pool is on a slope. Leveled it with a bobcat initially. Pool has been up for 5 years. We have had several really strong storms with heavy rains this summer. Unusual for the area. Anyways, there is a small section that we never back filled. Wasn’t quite sure what to do there and haven’t had any issues. Until now. The pool cove has drifted away from that side several inches, pretty sure our sand underneath is eroding, lots of wrinkles in the liner and now a rip in the lining at the other end of the pool. Pretty sure the robot did that on Friday. Help would be very much appreciated !!! Please and thank you !!! (1) how should i fill in the area that is slightly lower and (2) what do I do with the liner? (3) I think the end of the pool where the rip happened is sinking. My hubby thinks I am seeing things so it must not be too bad if it is happening. Maybe just starting. Attaching a photo. Thanks for your help. The cones are there so the dogs don’t run through there. 😊

Attachments

• 68908196-B774-4C7D-9B21-183F5FA58706.jpeg
    68908196-B774-4C7D-9B21-183F5FA58706.jpeg
    654.6 KB · Views: 76
Hi and so sorry to be meeting like this...............lets get this problem sorted out.

When you say " The pool cove has drifted away from that side several inches, " what do you mean? The cove in inside the pool. It sits where the wall meets the floor. It is to keep the liner inside the pool.

Rip-did you patch it yet? I have ideas how to help you do that if you have not.

-what does the water line look inside the pool? Is it even all the way around the pool? THAT is the best way to see if something is going on with the wall sinking.

Hi and so sorry to be meeting like this...............lets get this problem sorted out.

When you say " The pool cove has drifted away from that side several inches, " what do you mean? The cove in inside the pool. It sits where the wall meets the floor. It is to keep the liner inside the pool.

Rip-did you patch it yet? I have ideas how to help you do that if you have not.

-what does the water line look inside the pool? Is it even all the way around the pool? THAT is the best way to see if something is going on with the wall sinking.

Thank you for the help!

the cove is not sticking to the side of the wall anymore. It has moved away from the wall but is still under the liner. So there is a dip there that the aquabot can’t get to.

we have not patched yet. Waiting for a patch kit to be delivered on Wednesday.

not totally sure what you mean by even. Water line looks like it is even and not sloping but the distance between the water line and top of the wall is shorter on the one side. If I put a level on the top rail/cap the bubble is not exactly in the middle
Of the two lines. This is true for about a panel and a half. The rest of the panels the level is dead on in the middle of the two lines. Level.

So the water line is not the same all the way around..........That does speak of that side of the wall/pool sinking darn!!!

Where is the cove that has come away from the wall in relation to the skimmer/return?

That makes my idea much trickier...........I was going to have you remove the water and take the liner out/off the side by where the cove moved ONLY. You would then add in any missing sand and put the cove back where it belongs. This will be nasty, hot, sweaty work as you will be under the liner. You CANNOT take the liner off by the skimmer or return as it is almost impossible to get it back where and how it needs to be.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That makes my idea much trickier...........I was going to have you remove the water and take the liner out/off the side by where the cove moved ONLY. You would then add in any missing sand and put the cove back where it belongs. This will be nasty, hot, sweaty work as you will be under the liner. You CANNOT take the liner off by the skimmer or return as it is almost impossible to get it back where and how it needs to be.
I have an installer coming to look at the pool this week. It’s one of the installers that a local pool store uses. Still, how do I really know that they can fix this properly and without charging me an arm and a leg. My hubby was going to try with a few of my nephews but I’m not getting a warm and fuzzy that this is going to be easy to get it right. Thanks for the help!

Rock and hard place--------no way to know if the pool installer can fix it for a fair price. I would ask for some recommendations from his last few jobs to see if they would hire him to work for them again.

Hubby+nephews=people who care and will try their best and only charge you a pizza and some beer BUT have not real pool knowledge BUT hearts are in the right place..................Is hubby handy?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.