Mbehr1983

Mar 29, 2021
Harvest Al
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve been doing this for a week. It’s very simple. I test daily and ad minimal chems. I have added something minimal daily though. Is that the norm? Do we work a little to prevent working hard? It’s been bleach or soda was and once was mutation acid. Nothing major is this what to expect?

Yes.. the way it was explained to me is a pool is a like a dog. You don't play with it every day but you still must feed it every day. I used to add a little LC every other day but once I went salt it was literally auto pilot, save for adding a tiny bit of acid every week. Once you get a feel for your pool and how much FC it eats in different weather it will get even easier, as less testing will be required. I am doing a plaster start up now, so testing a lot, but before I was testing FC about once a week and everything else maybe once a month or after a big rain .

Reactions: Mbehr1983
Rolling steady is much better than reaction management and panic. Daily FC checks and pH will most likely be your primary focus throughout each week, and you'll check the others periodically. But if you have any other questions, we're here to help.

I test daily and ad minimal chems. I have added something minimal daily though. Is that the norm? Do we work a little to prevent working hard?
Like anything else, an ounce of prevention saves a pound of cure. :) You’re doing GREAT !!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.