Trouble after opening

Crys

Mar 26, 2020
Greeneville, tn
We have an inground pool with a spa combo. We opened it ourselves today with the help of a neighbor who also has an inground pool. We’ve gotten it running great and we ran the pool pump for several hours while the robot cleaned it. We switched the pump over to the spa and 2 jets are blowing and 2 are sucking. They are all at back level when you sit in the spa and should all blow. I’m not sure what’s going on or how to fix it, thank you!

Can you take a picture of the spa and indicate what returns you see with suction and return?

Please fill out your signature. It helps us help you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. Find the air vent pipe. When run in spa mode it should pull in air to get your bubbles. Then put the system in spa mode and see if it is pulling air.

Reactions: Crys
I don’t know where that vent pipe is unless it’s buried. I have pipes for spa suction and pipes and spa returns. No other pipes spa related. I do however have a very slow leak in the pool return main line. Can that cause half the spa jets to suck?

Pool return line (that is the line that returns the water to the pool). Can you see the leak?

If your pump is not priming, that is a suction side leak.

Does your spa have air bubbles when you run it in spa mode?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.