Tropical running but no heat

Ldawg32

Aug 12, 2021
Rockville centre
As stated above. I have a tropical heat pump and it’s less than two years old. It worked fine before closing up for winter and now I’m getting no heat. The compressor and Dan are running everything says it’s operational just not getting warm water. Maybe the company that closed it turned off a valve or something but it seems to be set the same way as I had it last year. Any thoughts. 115ahdsbph is the model number

How many gallons in your pool?

You have an Aquacal TropiCal HP? This?

How do you know the compressor is running?

How do you know you are not getting any warm water?

Hello. I have an 18,000 gallon pool and yes that is the heat pump I have. I hear the compressor come on and my PoolSync app says it as well. I put my hand in water by the jets and the water temp seems to be the same as rest of pool. It was 68 degrees outside today and I know it’s a heat pump so ambient air temp is crucial but it worked last year in colder temps than it was today. Thnx

Your HP will heat your pool maybe 1/2 degree an hour.

You are not going to feel hot or warm water coming out. Your hand probably cannot feel the difference between 60 degree water going in and 65 degree water coming out.

If you are sure the compressor is running then the HP should be putting out heat. Let it run for a day or two and see what your pool temperature is.

Thank you for your response but I have definitely felt warm water last year no matter what the temps in my pool were. I’m hoping it’s just that the ambient air temp is too cold but then it would defeat the purpose of a heat pump lol. I think the warranty is two years parts and labor so I’m going to put in a service call anyway. I was hoping it was something else I could check on my own

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.