Triton TR-100 Air Relief Tube

StephenSegari

Feb 14, 2024
Madisonville, LA
Hey y’all,

Lately I was noticing random glass (sand filter with glass medium) coming out of the jets and and settling at the bottom of the pool. After a bunch of research, I read that the most likely cause was a busted lateral.

I vacuumed all of the glass out, but immediately noticed the air relief tube was broken/cracked and no longer connected. (See photos). Inspecting the laterals, they all looked just fine.

My question, I’m pretty sure it’s the busted air line allowing the filter medium to get back into the pool. Anyone care to confirm my suspicion?

No local pool stores have the tube in stock, so I ordered on Amazon. https://a.co/d/9fnXc4A

But I’m thinking I may run to Home Depot and see what type of tubing they have in stock.

(Multi port valve operating just fine).

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    599.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1859.jpeg
    IMG_1859.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1860.jpeg
    IMG_1860.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 4
My question, I’m pretty sure it’s the busted air line allowing the filter medium to get back into the pool. Anyone care to confirm my suspicion?
I would totally start there. There can always be 2 troubles, or you inadvertently created that trouble by getting in there, but it's now *a* trouble. With any luck it's *the* trouble. (y)

Fill it back up with sand. The glasses and alternative filter medias are a bunch of marketing to make you spend more. The best anyone can say is that their product works as good as sand. Many cause new headaches, trying to fix something that wasn't broken.