Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I swear, I can spend an hour getting every last leaf off the bottom of the pool, turn around for a moment to shut off the Polaris, and when I look back? Right back to where I started. :mad:

And they're not my trees. :mad::mad:

And they're trash hackberry trees that my back fence neighbor was too lazy to cut down. :mad::mad::mad:

/rant

Haha.... Right there with you. In Atlanta area, and I am ALMOST to end of leaf season... My daughters and I have had a good time with it though... We call it the invasion of the tree giants, and its a battle for the backyard. Killing the enemy troops is much more fun than scooping leaves...

• Love
Reactions: Leebo
Mate, we could start a club. My xitty neighbours have some ridiculous camphor laurel trees up against the fence that are constantly dropping berries, leaves, flowers, branches and anything else you can think of that is associated with trees. And to top that, the roots are pushing over my walls and destroying my sewer pipes.

Ugh neighbor trees combined with city trees that no one maintains = 🤦🏾‍♀️
I get it! And all worsened with the Santa Ana winds.

And they're still coming down... We've had a pretty mild "fall" so far, although it has been quite windy at times.

Also, these trees are under power lines. When I first moved in, I was able to convince the power company to come trim them but this year they told me they weren't interfering with the lines so they wouldn't trim them.

Ugh neighbor trees combined with city trees that no one maintains = 🤦🏾‍♀️
I get it! And all worsened with the Santa Ana winds.

My pool is still under construction (shotcrete is next!) but I'll know the frustrations this time next year.

On top of littering my backyard, two community trees block my solar panels most of the day during the winter.

• Sad
Reactions: kul
I had 5 trees removed from my yard for that exact reason after 15 years of fighting them in spring and fall. I left one tree a cedar elm because the wife wanted some character in the yard. BIG mistake! I swear that one tree makes up for the five missing trees.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.