Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,
New here. I have an outdoor salt pool, about 21,000 gallons in the hot Southern California heat. I have a little bit of green algae starting. I was getting mixed results from Leslie’s, but consistent low chlorine and high cyanuric acid. I let out lots of water, last Leslie results showed in the 80s. I replaced my salt cell Friday and added the Leslie’s shock. Yesterday I added liquid chlorine and ordered the TFP salt pro kit. Not sure what to do while I’m waiting on my test kit. Should I just keep adding liquid chlorine? Jennifer

Welcome to the forum!
Great decision to purchase a quality test kit.
Add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine each day to the pool with the pump running. That would be 1 gallon of 10% in your volume pool.
When you get your test kit, post up the results here and our members will guide you on the SLAM Process

Reactions: PoolStored
I received my kit today. I may test again this evening to make sure my results are accurate.
PH = 7.8
Free Chlorine=!3.5
Combined chlorine= 0
CYA= 58
Calcium hardness = 875ppm
Alkalinity= 200
Salt= 3400
Water looks fairly clear, but I have some green algae spots. Not a lot, but some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.