Travertine Coping Installation

Jon Miller

Bronze Supporter
Mar 16, 2022
Smartsville CA
Hi All,

I'm in the process of leveling out the Bond Beam, and installing Travertine Coping and can't find much information on how to best go about this. I did find an old thread that does a great job explaining the glass waterline tile install, but nothing on the leveling/coping. My tile experience to this point has all been bathrooms, and kitchens, but this is a bit different what with 65 pound "tiles" and all........

i applied a slurry coat to the low spots of the Bond Beam, let it dry, then leveled with 4:1 sand to cement using a latex admix. Since this did not stick I'm guessing that I should have added the leveling mix while the slurry was still wet?

I have the Laticrete Hydro Ban that I thought would be good to use as a crack isolator between the Bond Beam and 254 mortar, er not....

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon

Usually Type S Mortar thickness is adjusted as necessary to level the coping onto the bond beam.

How much was your bond beam off that you needed to level the bond beam?

I tried to post a picture, but the file was too large.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.