Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am aware of the warranty issues of purchasing Pentair TradeGrade products online for DIY installations. What I find surprising is that the heater I am looking at is hundreds of dollars cheaper than the
EC version at the same sites. I will be going to a local brick and mortar soon; can I expect the same type of pricing with installation charges tacked on?

I will be going to a local brick and mortar soon; can I expect the same type of pricing with installation charges tacked on?
Store pricing can be all over the map. Items online may be clearance priced, but the PB paid full price for his stuff sitting on the shelf and needs to get his money back. Or they are ordering it fresh and get the current promo. Or they keep the promo savings and charge you MSRP. You have to go ask, and go from there.

I have contacted 2 companies so far for prices. The first, which Pentair has as an authorized installer, quoted almost 2x list for EC products. I couldn't get out of that store fast enough.

The second quoted a 10% markup on TradeGrade products plus labor plus a small disposal fee. I didn't think that was too unreasonable given the extra warranty that would apply. Would you agree?

I have contacted 2 companies so far for prices. The first, which Pentair has as an authorized installer, quoted almost 2x list for EC products. I couldn't get out of that store fast enough.

The second quoted a 10% markup on TradeGrade products plus labor plus a small disposal fee. I didn't think that was too unreasonable given the extra warranty that would apply. Would you agree?

These prices for equipment only or equipment with installation?

2X list for EC products is typical when installation is included.

Pool store prices with installation are typically 2X online equipment only prices.

Have you looked at...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.