Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I’m wondering if there’s a way now to track my output % on the generator so that way at the end of the year I can graph out how the power levels changed over time? I might be able to determine future default power level settings based on temp/time of year etc. that might make my initial setup time after opening bit easier.

+1 I try to add this as a note in the app when I make a change but having a more systematic approach would be beneficial.

I've been calculating by hand to dial in my new system. Assume the max rated 24hr output from the manufacturer.
Convert the lbs to ounces, divide by 24 (max per hour) then multiply by the % run setting (0.4 if 40%), this is your estimated output per hour in ounces of Cl gas. Use PoolMath to convert oz of Cl gas to ppm FC in the Effects of Additions calculator then estimate how many hours of run time needed for your SWG to meet your daily FC loss and to keep you in the target zone. Big adjustments are done with the % run settings then fine tune with the hours of run time using the SWG timer. It's a seasonal moving target so keep a close eye on the FC and keep a log to refrence next season. Also high pool usage or heavy debris load will need to be monitored and treated separately.

I've been calculating by hand to dial in my new system. Assume the max rated 24hr output from the manufacturer.
Convert the lbs to ounces, divide by 24 (max per hour) then multiply by the % run setting (0.4 if 40%), this is your estimated output per hour in ounces of Cl gas. Use PoolMath to convert oz of Cl gas to ppm FC in the Effects of Additions calculator then estimate how many hours of run time needed for your SWG to meet your daily FC loss and to keep you in the target zone. Big adjustments are done with the % run settings then fine tune with the hours of run time using the SWG timer. It's a seasonal moving target so keep a close eye on the FC and keep a log to refrence next season. Also high pool usage or heavy debris load will need to be monitored and treated separately.
That sounds like too much work. I set it to 50% and keep an eye on FC for a few days and then move up or down. Then it generally stays put.

• Haha
Reactions: Tena and Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.