Track options for Automatic Safety Cover

cgeorg07

Jun 3, 2021
NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Hi all - Looking for some help. We recently installed a 16x36 inground vinyl liner pool, and did not have enough budget to install auto-cover. Builder wanted all-or-nothing commitment during the build, and we couldn't do the 35K auto-cover through his installers. So, coping went on and pool was filled for the winter.

I've been doing more research and making calls, and it seems my best option is Aquamatic Hydramatic safety cover... they offer a solar powered option for the motor, so really excited about not having to run more electrical!

I am being told top track is my only option, but would it be possible to do undertrack if we removed only the coping at the end of the pool? I am planning to do a recessed box, as I don't love the looks of the huge bench.

Do I have any other options besides a top track? It pains me to think of drilling all of those track holes in the bluestone. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpg
    IMG_2330.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Well, the top tracks going to have to be screwed into something, so perhaps running a small band of cement around the coping? Send them a pic of your pool and ask what they suggest?

The cover can be as wide as your pool and coping on each side if there is someway they can bolt into the ground. Most folks have decking. You'll have to be careful while mowing not to get grass into your water if you're not putting any more decking?

The tracks themselves are pretty flat, easy to sit on when near the pool. I wouldn't want to drill in the tiles either.

I would avoid a solar cover. They make one that you can open/shut using a cordless drill- I think its pretty spiffy and would serve your needs well. Saves on having to run electricity to the cover.

Maddie :flower:

@YippeeSkippy - Appreciate your reply, Maddie! We had planned on going with the Hamptons grass look, so was not planning for anymore decking, but I see what you mean about a strip of concrete... like if we did stepping stones along the sides and addef a concrete channel of sorts to support the track.

I can't find anyone to sell me the Drill powered Cover - I think it was called the Power Trak? Do you know where I can find it??

That would be ideal, and save me the 2,000 for the solar inverter to power the hydraulic motor. I also considered the manual reel, but I can't risk spending 5k on the manual reel and my wife being unable to pull it across the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.