Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Is there a way to measure it?

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Father in law's pool has probably never been drained although would have overflowed with heavy rains here in Florida. Evaporation would have called for him to add fresh water from the garden hose every now and then but not to the extent that he would have had to call the city and tell them to knock off the water meter for a while. Since evaporation leaves behind everything in the water I would imagine that the TDS has not gone down. Should it be a concern. Here's a photo that I took the other night. There is a lot of stuff on the surface because the skimmer has been off for a couple of months pending a repair and a new weir door should be arriving soon. 20190315_205153 (1).jpg ...and one more thing. That single main drain cover. Would that be VGB compliant? I believe there is some kind of attachment that might be installed onto his Jandy VS pump (same as mine) that might be easier than replacing that cover if needed.

TDS is meaningless. Certain components are significant.

Calcium as CH. Cyanuric Acid as CYA. Salt as Salinity.

I do not believe that cover is VGBA compliant. But others will have a better handle on that.

Thanks for the reply. Papa's house is where all the grandkids congregate on. Friday after school, so I'm taking a special interest in getting his pool perfect. He's always taken a sample to the pool store and gone with their advice. Since joining tfp, I've realized how far out of whack his chemistry was.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.