Wntrequinx

May 20, 2021
Hartford, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So yesterday afternoon I started a small hose siphoning the pool to lower the level because it was again at the top of the skimmer height and starting to drain out the skimmer (AGP) - thanks 3 weeks of rain...

Anyway, went to bed, got up, started working, and didn't notice I hadn't stopped it until about 12 hours after I'd intended to. Luckily its a tiny hose from a window AC, so the pool was only down about an extra foot. Refilled it added some chlorine, and did a full set of tests...

I haven't been able to ever get my pool above 7.2 pH except by adding soda ash, probably because of the 8 million gallons of rainwater all the time, so I'm ok with keeping it there,, but I wasn't sure if my latest other numbers are ok, or need to be changed...

I'm worried about overdoing the TA if I try to raise the pH.

Does upping the CYA matter if the pool spends 90% of the time with the solar cover on it? I am basing that on the last two months of almost constant rain, so maybe someone in the northeast has a better idea what I should expect for the next two months, and if having CYA this low is ok if I usually have the cover on...

Thanks!

FC 3.5
CYA 30
TA 70
CH 90
pH 7.2

this thread should help you feel better

P.S. dues are paid monthly at the meeting. Checks made to Newdude. Capital N.

Reactions: markayash
Those numbers look great, I would up your FC a little but with a cover on how much do you lose a day?? 2 FC??..

You can keep CYA right there with no issue.. :)

but I wasn't sure if my latest other numbers are ok, or need to be changed
Looks good to me (y)
Does upping the CYA matter if the pool spends 90% of the time with the solar cover on it?
30 CYA is probably fine for a covered pool in CT. You’ll know if at some point it’s not holding FC. the days are already getting shorter so if you made it this far, you’ll probably be fine.

the days are already getting shorter so if you made it this far, you’ll probably be fine.
Ugh! Noooooo.... I'm still waiting for it to be warm enough to *USE* the pool on the weekends or after work. If it's been hot enough, either the water was too cold or it started raining an hour later...

I would like 1 weekend with 90°+ weather both days, sans apocalyptic thunderstorms. Just once.

would like 1 weekend with 90°+ weather both days, sans apocalyptic thunderstorms. Just once.
#preach. There was zero spring. We went from winter coats to flip flops in 3 days. Now it’s hot, humid and we have the April Showers so they Boom a lot. I guess they’ll bring August flowers ? I don’t even pretend to know anymore. I look out the window everyday and say ‘cool. This is what today is like’.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.