Suction 3way valve o-rings
3way to pump o-ring
Pump Drain plugs
Pump lid and seal 2x
Pump Outlet o-ring
All the seals on the filter
Solar check valve o-rings
Water level is fine
This has been an intermittent problem for 6 months. Sometimes the pump lid will just have a big bubble in it and sometimes water barely covers the strainer like today.
Thank you

Ken,

Almost all VS pumps will have a bubble under the pump lid when running at a low RPM. The question is does the bubble keep getting bigger over time?

As long as the water level in the pump does not drop below the top of the pump basket, I would not worry about it..

I have also noticed on my pump, that as the filter gets dirty, the bubble will get bigger.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the quick reply Jim. The size of the bubble has been fluctuating. The largest it has been is right now where it’s at the basket level. I treated the water and surfaces with ascorbic acid and added pulp to the filters a few days ago so my pressure is up and filters still dirty. I’ll clean them tomorrow.
I appreciate the advice

Posting the result in case this helps someone in the future.

That water method helped me find the problem. With my hose I noticed then when I was running water over the inlet (which is at the top of the photo of the pump) the basket would fill up with water. So I took apart the threaded union (if that is what it is called) and took out the gasket. As you can see, the gasket wasn't properly seated as it wasn't round. I reinserted the gasket properly and now the air is gone, at least for now.

But I don't know how this would have happened, unless it was always like this.

Attachments

• gasket.jpg
    gasket.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 10
  • pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.