Twin Cities MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have historically experienced pH increase and then bring it down, it goes back up, over and over. However, this summer, the pH started at 7.6 and has never changed. I should be happy about that, but it also seems too good to be true. I will add a drop of acid down just to see how the reading changes and it always reads 7.4
Today’s test results:

pH 7.6
FC 6
CC 0
CYA 50
I haven’t adjusted CYA since the chlorine has been very stable. It got a little high and I’m letting it drop now. 7 yesterday.
Water temps have been warm running as high as 95 although this morning it was down to 91.

With a liner pool, your pH will not climb as much as plaster pools. It should be more stable. Keep checking, however.

Hey lightspeed !!! What’s your TA ? Your logs state it was 200 ish last season and 175 a month ago. Any chance it’s much lower now ? A TA over 110 will constantly bring the PH up and if you lowered it either on accident or on purpose, it may have settled in to where it keeps the PH more stable.

I check it daily and I’ll keep that habit. We’ll see how it goes!
This is great. Over time you will find that you will know your pool so well that you can predict whether pH raises or lowers, as well as most of the other parameters. Taking into account the variables of swimmer load, whether you have fountains (or slides that "churn" the water as the water falls into the pool), weather (lots of sun vs lots of rain, etc).

It is amazing how I can, using testing to prove it, pretty much guess (after three years of using a real test kit) what my pool will need on a daily basis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.