Ton of rain...CYA / CC /FC question. Where did I go wrong?

Re: Ton of rain...CYA / CC /FC question. Where did I go wron

Ohm_Boy said:
Oops. Yes, you were clear; 'Twas I who was only skimming the posts and missed that.
So... yeah, you're on the right track. Make sure you don't have a squirrel in a skimmer basket somewhere.
No worries...Yeah, there was a lot in there Sunday evening, but we cleaned them out very good. There is something I'm missing and it's bugging the you-know-what out of me. I have no ladders (we have steps). The only little bits that I can't see is the underside of the pool light and the undersides of the jets which I've scrubbed pretty good every day.

How's the pressure on the filter? When was the last time you changed the DE and cleaned the fingers?

Everyone, I think the mystery has been solved. And to tell you the truth, I feel somewhat foolish about the whole situation. BUT, maybe my little situation here can be a learning lesson for someone else in the future.

Turns out, when my wife was doing the FC tests, after she would put in the tiny scoop of powder she would rinse off the scoop in the pink water. Then, it would go back in the test kit and sit there until it was called into duty the next time. This undoubtedly was tainting all of the future samples. When I looked in my test kit last night, there was what seemed to be blood in the little partition of the kit where the scoop sits. After a few questions I found out the above was happening.

Sooooooo, now it is crystal clear in my house that all testing equipments gets rinsed off and dried prior to and after testing. I did an overnight OCLT and lost .5 FC's and my CC's was 0.0. Water is crystal clear and has never looked more perfect.

While there is no doubt in my mind that there was something up in my pool after the huge rainstorm last Sunday, I also think the pool was never as "out of control" as I imagined. The whole time the culprit was a 10 cent scoop that never took a bath!

Lesson learned (bangs head)....I need a drink!

Because of stuff going on, wasn't able to do a OCLT until last night. Passed with flying colors.

Remember to clean your testing equipment!!!!

958059a7.jpg

Looks good.

On an unrelated note: You might want to put some caulk in the expansion joint between the brick coping and the deck.

Good eye! Yeah, that's on a long to-do list! Gonna kill the ants and pressure wash that gap first. But yes, there was absolutely no caulk in there when we moved in in July.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.