Told brushing is a waste of time

Lcorr

May 3, 2018
Boynton beach, fl
So our plaster (marquis miami blue w/ 2 extra bags of blue) was done Thursday.
Pool filled overnight, and chemicals were added friday. The pb is maintaining our pool for the 1st 30 days until they add the salt... Monday, someone came to show me how to do/work everything. I specifically asked him about brushing, since I've read alot about its importance on here. He said that he will do it when he comes (1 to 2 times per week) and that it is completely unnecessary for my to brush more than that. He claims that is only needed when the plaster people dont do their job thoroughly enough. But, their plaster people are impeccable so I need not worry about it.... when I pushed about it, he seemed annoyed said it wont hurt anything, but it wont make a differnece if I want to waste my time go ahead

So, should I go buy a brush and waste my time?

Ps we went swimming for the first time today and I'm IN LOVE

Yes, waste your time, would be my thoughts! They should provide you with a brush on the day of plaster. My Pb sent an email a week prior and again the day prior to plaster, which stated that if a brush isn’t onsite by the day of pebble to call the office immediately and to not turn off the water under any circumstances during the fill until full. It was the best communication we received all build lol. Maybe my plasterers were just rubbish, hence the instance on brushing? [emoji6]

My plasterers were also impeccable. They did a very good acid wash on my new pebble. I didn't see the tiniest puff of dust the first time I brushed it. Nor the 2nd time I brushed it later that first day. Nor either of the two times I brushed it the next day, nor the next, nor either time each day after that for the following two weeks. I also didn't see any dust the one time a day, every day, I brushed for the remainder of the first month.

I trust what I learn here. I trust my gut. And I trust the fact that no one is going to care about my pool, or how nice it looks, or how long it will last, more than me.

Vinyl liner here. I've rubbed the "bathtub ring" of pollen from the liner (forms in Spring) with my bare fingers. Brushing? Not once have I brushed my pool. But, by following the TFP methods I have also never had algae.

Did they acid wash your plaster before the pool was filled? They acid washed mine and as I brushed I saw very little plaster dust. I brushed once a day anyway for a couple weeks. At a minimum it keeps the dirt suspended so it can be filtered out. Now I brush at least once a week.

Brush. Listen to everyone here. I too brought up very little dust brushing but it helps. I know brushing helped expose my quartz much more also. I still brush 1xwk to again getcthat fine dust up to be filtered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.