Maricopa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So... I live in Arizona, in a rather windy area, lots of dust and debris.

So I prefer to keep a cover on my pool, especially now before the nights warm up... keeping my pool covered means I don't need to use a heater at all and still get my water to the low 90s every day.

BUT, it seems to me this may be the cause of another problem I'm looking at.

My CC is rarely, if ever, 0.

It's not crazy, usually around 1...

wondering if having a cover on is preventing the sun from burning off the CC... it is one of the clear blue bubble covers, not a black one, or high tech thing... anyone know?

You will definitely get higher combined chlorine levels with the cover on. I find the level comes down pretty quickly when it's open to the sun though

Reactions: Todrick
wondering if having a cover on is preventing the sun from burning off the CC...

Yes, it is likely is.

You need to uncover your pool and let it breath every few days to burn off the CC's.

I’m ocd, although, I don’t need to test everyday with a SWCG, I do anyway. Before I take chem tests, I open the cover approximately an hour beforehand. I haven’t gotten CC yet.

I’m ocd, although, I don’t need to test everyday with a SWCG, I do anyway. Before I take chem tests, I open the cover approximately an hour beforehand. I haven’t gotten CC yet.
THAT is some good info.

Thanks.

I am happy to see all these replies and suddenly realize, I'm understanding some of the basic concepts of water chemistry a bit.

Yay for knowledge!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.