To Bury or Not to Bury an Above Ground Pool!

jlsr said:
2000 pavers by hand ?? Oh my that's a LOT of work... And it was hot Sat !! I can sure see why you would be tired after that ! It makes me tired just thinking about it. But it will be worth it in the end ;-)

Yes, and given that we're practically neighbors, I just KNOW that you want to be one of our first "volunteers," right? :mrgreen:

I'm trying to find everyone else on the site that did an AGP bury and copy the links into this thread. Would be nice if we all knew how everyone else's pools are holding up and what problems/suggestions/improvements everyone could share.

Cherie,
I did a mini deck by the stairs. Nothing much but it helps with the grass. Here's a pic of what it looks like today...
DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

To esim13, I live a little South of you in the metro New Orleans area. I want to partially sink an above ground pool. However, I'm having trouble locating an installer who wants to do the job. Did you have trouble locating an installer? Who did you use? Ya'll aren't far from me at all so I'd think they travel on down to the Westbank.... Thanks!!

Cage

Glock said:
What are you doing with all those pavers? I used to load cinder blocks by hand. You get used to it after awhile but they sure are rough on the skin.

Wow, I'm not getting notices on response anymore - wonder what happened?

Glock, we built a walkway from our patio out to our pool/deck with the last batch we picked up a few years ago. Will post updated pics when I get time. It turned out so beautiful and we love the style of the paver so much, that we decided to do the rest of the landscaping out back with the same pavers. Well, apparently, you can't buy these pavers anymore unless you are a contractor. So when I find them online, I grab them! They're the keyhole, or Decorastone pavers. So we're going to build a matching walkway from the patio to dh's workshop and another to the shed, and finally, we're adding a parking area in the back of the house for the teen daughter's car and will put a carport over it. Lots of work and will probably contract out some of it.

We tend to wear holes in our leather gloves in short order when handling these pavers!

Glock, here is what we did (or had done) with the pavers we bought a few years ago. Yes, yes, we HIRED someone to come in and fix our mess. But at least we dug it out ourselves and laid the base, and that was not easy, given that we have hard gray clay! Anyway, this is how we plan to do the other walkways from the patio to the shop and shed.

Attachments

• walkway for tfp.bmp
    197.8 KB · Views: 401
  • Walkway TFP.jpg
    Walkway TFP.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 387
Glock said:
Oh absolutely. I regretted not getting it with my old pool. Hoping I get a call tomorrow with an install date. :) Doughboy seems very confident their pools will do perfectly fine in ground. I would love to see pics of one removed after about 15 years.

Hey Glock, did you get the install date yet? I'll go do a search to see if I can find pics in case you're already done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
esim13 said:
Cherie - I love the walkway! I've been wanting to add a paver patio/walkway for a while now.. I know exactly what you mean about clay soil!

Thanks esim! Sure makes it easier getting out to the pool. We're awaiting volunteers to come out and lay the rest of the pavers for the other walkways and parking area...but no luck so far.

Hey, I used to swim in Lake Ponchetrain (sp) and pry the muscles open looking for pearls! Always seemed to be cloudy when we lived there so many, many years ago!

PAEarp said:
Anybody know anything about burying a metal frame pool with the pvc siding?

Hi PAEarp. You'll get some good responses to your question if you start a new thread. BTW, Earp is not very common. I knew Carl and Patricia Earp back in the early '70s. Any relation? Just curious.

Good luck on your pool project! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.