Tiny electric shock in open cuts

I wonder if it might be an electrolytic issue? Like how I can't put aluminum and stainless into the dishwasher at the same time? Or the old "salt water and chew aluminum foil between amalgam dental fillings" gag?

I'm a complete noob to pools and know basically squat about chemistry. I only know a little about electricity and low voltage stuff. But I know if you put two different metals into salty / acidic water, it makes a battery. I notice my fingers when there's a split or cut it's always a little more sensitive while healing, and that's usually when I whang it on something really hard. If your pool has some kind of electrolytic reaction happening, the slight cut in your skin might be the easiest path to some lower voltage ground if the pool isn't properly bonded AND grounded.

Different paths to ground and potential difference between grounds is a huge issue in the audio industry. Dad Joke: "Do you know why the speakers hum sometimes? Because they don't know the words."

@NickeBadare I was reading up on bonding and found this article. It specifically says those voltages are felt more sensitively in small nicks and cuts in the skin. Might not help with finding the problem, but at least it's a verification that your original detection device is functioning properly.

Reactions: drsipe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.