Time to SLAM

Day 3
FC level seems to be holding. This morning it was at 19.5 compared to 20 last night. FC levels were lowest on 1st day dropping to 15. but levels have mainly remained 19-20 for the past 48 hours. Water is still cloudy but looking better. I have brushed the pool daily. Would vacuuming help at all or should that wait until the water is clear?

Ok now on Day 7. Still keeping shock FC level at about 20. Water has been clear in the morning but after doing a daily brushing, it turns cloudy and doesn't appear clear till the next morning. The Intex type A filter has been cleaned and swapped with a clean filter daily. I ordered the Unicel replacement filters which are due to arrive tomorrow. Also ordered a XL1500 since it appears I could run out of testing solution before this SLAM has completed. I am hoping the Unicel filters will help speed the process of clearing the water.

Final results. Did an OCLT last night and this morning there was no loss of FC CC was 0 and water was crystal clear. I should note that changing from the Intex filters to the Unicel filters helped speed up the process of clearing the water. The Intex filters just weren't able to keep up with the dead algae being cleared from the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.